Monday, June 29, 2009

Kitchen Threats


I seem to be obsessed with all things kitchen lately, which is why the dinner table just got a little more dangerous. As promised fabric napkins and place mat sets are making their way into the shop, aprons and table runners are soon to follow. Summer has this way of keeping food on my mind at all times, I'm either hungry, scouring for a new recipe to take to get together's or giving my veggies a pep talk so they'll grow faster (You too basil, I want pesto NOW!) Salads are my weakness at the moment so when I found THIS I haven't even thought about buying salad dressing. I'm not even a buttermilk fan but this has changed that, let me tell you.

It would seem that I'm one step closer to the grandma kitchen-ish feel I'm going for now that there's always' buttermilk in the fridge. Just to make sure I finished the mini table runner for my kitchen table from my gram's scraps of feed sack material that I've been hoarding away forever. I've since added trim but couldn't resist snapping these shots before it was officially finished.
Time for me to turn off the food network and get back to work already.

Tah!
-M.M.

7 comments:

Kate8085 said...

I love them! I can't wait to see the
trim, too!

Christie Cottage said...

The hand grenade napkins are cool! My daughter would love those! ARMY girl.

First Light Glass said...

Watching the food network always leads to the kitchen! Love the napkins!

Almay Alday said...

Love the hand grenade napkins! Made me laugh! I would need those just to warn people about my cooking! Ha!

Linsart said...

Hey Moxie, Love your kitchen items ! Best to you, I hearted your shop over on Etsy, found you on a promotion forum there.
Linda
linsart

cabin + cub said...

cute table runner! yah, a cozy kitchen is a must to do some homestyle cooking ;)

Nicolita Love said...

Totally loving your kitchen towels. I'm a vintage tea towel collector, but this are so fun. I hearted you on Etsy!