Thursday, May 2, 2013

Farmers Market I've missed you so.

Yes, it's almost time for Bruno and I to wake up way earlier then one should on a Saturday, pour our coffee to go and leisurely stroll about our downtown area getting the lay of the land and keeping our eyes peeled for something we didn't know we couldn't live without. I'm talking about the opening of the farmers market of course! I can almost smell the freshly baked pastry fumes wavering in the streets. Hear the foodies out in full force perusing fresh veggies and chatting with their favorite farmers. Ah yes, it's been tooo long farmers market. This year we're celebrating the arrival of grocery shopping being fun again with these limited editon fabric produce bags. The perfect way to bring your haul home in style. We've obtained a community garden plot this year (more on that later) and while we're looking forward to growing a lot of our own veggies, we'll still frequent the market looking for new favorites. I'm especially day dreaming about heirloom lettuce and tomatoes. I've never thought so much about produce since I was a kid and wanted nothing to do with it. We'd love to hear about your growing plans or favorite farmers market finds! Over and and out. XO- Betty

1 comment:

Unknown said...

farmers markets are the best, (after growing it yourself)
debbi
-yankeeburrowcreations