Thursday, January 17, 2008

Taking the Time

Sorry for the lack of post lately. One of my new years goals was to get organized and that's taken a little more of my time and energy then I really expected.



I've also been trying to make more time for things I love to do but just haven't had time for, like baking, writing and collage. I was recently at the book store where I spotted a book of Thomas Allens pulp fiction art. His technique involves cutting characters part way from their covers so it looks as if they're coming out of the books and then photographing them for a 3-D effect. I really love how you feel as if your looking into the picture, and how some of the characters are "interacting" with one another. I stood there for ages just looking at that book amazed and awe-inspired and decided I'd try my own take at this but with TTV photography. I shall post the results soon so stay tuned.


No comments: